Construction program returning to Coast
Published: July 20,2009
GULFPORT— Beginning in September, Roy Anderson Corp, the Mississippi Development Authority, the Surety & Fidelity Association of America and the South Mississippi Contract Procurement Center will present the Model Contractor Development Program in Gulfport.
The Model Contractor Development Program is designed to teach small construction contractors the good business practices they need to improve their company’s operations, increase their bonding capacity and help them take advantage of the ongoing construction boom in Mississippi.
The Model Contractor Development Program is being offered free of charge and will include 10 sessions. Each session will be held at Roy Anderson Corps corporate office on Reichold Road in Gulfport from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. each Tuesday beginning Sept. 29 and ending Dec. 1.
Roy Anderson Corp also hosted this same event in 2007 and in 2008. To date, close to 100 companies have graduated from this learning series hosted at Roy Anderson Corp.
The Model Contractor Development Program is open to all small construction contractors. The program requires that companies must enroll in the Mississippi Contract Procurement Network system and that a representative of each contractor must agree to attend no less than eight of the 10 sessions. For more information on becoming a client of the Mississippi Contract Procurement Network or to register for the Model Contractor Development Program, contact the South Mississippi Contract Procurement Center at (228) 396-1288, or visit www.mscpc.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal