CONTECH buys Hanson assets
Published: July 20,2009
COMO — CONTECH Construction Products Inc. of West Chester, Ohio, has purchased all corrugated metal pipe assets, including machinery, equipment and inventory, from Hanson Pipe & Precast, LLC, located at its facility in Como. Terms were not disclosed.
Hanson’s facility primarily served markets in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee with corrugated metal pipe products. With Hanson’s decision to exit from the manufacture of corrugated metal pipe, customers in those markets will now be served from nearby CONTECH facilities and by CONTECH’s sales team. CONTECH has also taken over Hanson’s corrugated metal pipe outstanding backlog and existing supply contracts.
“This is another key move which solidifies our commitment to the drainage industry. We are also pleased to make available to Hanson, for its distribution, CONTECH’s full line of corrugated metal pipe products,” said Ron Keating, president and CEO of CONTECH.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion