CONTECH buys Hanson assets
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
COMO — CONTECH Construction Products Inc. of West Chester, Ohio, has purchased all corrugated metal pipe assets, including machinery, equipment and inventory, from Hanson Pipe & Precast, LLC, located at its facility in Como. Terms were not disclosed.
Hanson’s facility primarily served markets in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee with corrugated metal pipe products. With Hanson’s decision to exit from the manufacture of corrugated metal pipe, customers in those markets will now be served from nearby CONTECH facilities and by CONTECH’s sales team. CONTECH has also taken over Hanson’s corrugated metal pipe outstanding backlog and existing supply contracts.
“This is another key move which solidifies our commitment to the drainage industry. We are also pleased to make available to Hanson, for its distribution, CONTECH’s full line of corrugated metal pipe products,” said Ron Keating, president and CEO of CONTECH.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign