CONTECH buys Hanson assets
Published: July 20,2009
COMO — CONTECH Construction Products Inc. of West Chester, Ohio, has purchased all corrugated metal pipe assets, including machinery, equipment and inventory, from Hanson Pipe & Precast, LLC, located at its facility in Como. Terms were not disclosed.
Hanson’s facility primarily served markets in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee with corrugated metal pipe products. With Hanson’s decision to exit from the manufacture of corrugated metal pipe, customers in those markets will now be served from nearby CONTECH facilities and by CONTECH’s sales team. CONTECH has also taken over Hanson’s corrugated metal pipe outstanding backlog and existing supply contracts.
“This is another key move which solidifies our commitment to the drainage industry. We are also pleased to make available to Hanson, for its distribution, CONTECH’s full line of corrugated metal pipe products,” said Ron Keating, president and CEO of CONTECH.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist