Gargiulo appointed to bench
Published: July 20,2009
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Gulfport attorney John C. Gargiulo to the Circuit Court seat for District 2, which includes Hancock, Harrison and Stone counties. Gargiulo replaces Jerry O. Terry, who retired June 30, 2009. Gargiulo’s term ends January 2011. Gargiulo is an assistant district attorney in the Second Circuit Court District and has experience prosecuting all felonies with an emphasis on high-profile sexual and violent crimes. Previously, he was an associate attorney at Bryant Clark Dukes Blakeslee where he specialized in civil defense of personal injury, medical malpractice, insurance and municipal liability claims. Gargiulo has held several positions in the U.S. military and is currently a commissioned officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard. He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and a law degree from the University of Mississippi. Gargiulo is a member of the Mississippi Prosecutors Association, the Mississippi Bar Association and the National District Attorney’s Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015