Gargiulo appointed to bench
Published: July 20,2009
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Gulfport attorney John C. Gargiulo to the Circuit Court seat for District 2, which includes Hancock, Harrison and Stone counties. Gargiulo replaces Jerry O. Terry, who retired June 30, 2009. Gargiulo’s term ends January 2011. Gargiulo is an assistant district attorney in the Second Circuit Court District and has experience prosecuting all felonies with an emphasis on high-profile sexual and violent crimes. Previously, he was an associate attorney at Bryant Clark Dukes Blakeslee where he specialized in civil defense of personal injury, medical malpractice, insurance and municipal liability claims. Gargiulo has held several positions in the U.S. military and is currently a commissioned officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard. He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and a law degree from the University of Mississippi. Gargiulo is a member of the Mississippi Prosecutors Association, the Mississippi Bar Association and the National District Attorney’s Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Judge: Caesars can demolish Harrah's casino in Mississippi