Gargiulo appointed to bench
Published: July 20,2009
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Gulfport attorney John C. Gargiulo to the Circuit Court seat for District 2, which includes Hancock, Harrison and Stone counties. Gargiulo replaces Jerry O. Terry, who retired June 30, 2009. Gargiulo’s term ends January 2011. Gargiulo is an assistant district attorney in the Second Circuit Court District and has experience prosecuting all felonies with an emphasis on high-profile sexual and violent crimes. Previously, he was an associate attorney at Bryant Clark Dukes Blakeslee where he specialized in civil defense of personal injury, medical malpractice, insurance and municipal liability claims. Gargiulo has held several positions in the U.S. military and is currently a commissioned officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard. He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and a law degree from the University of Mississippi. Gargiulo is a member of the Mississippi Prosecutors Association, the Mississippi Bar Association and the National District Attorney’s Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money