Gargiulo appointed to bench
Published: July 20,2009
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Gulfport attorney John C. Gargiulo to the Circuit Court seat for District 2, which includes Hancock, Harrison and Stone counties. Gargiulo replaces Jerry O. Terry, who retired June 30, 2009. Gargiulo’s term ends January 2011. Gargiulo is an assistant district attorney in the Second Circuit Court District and has experience prosecuting all felonies with an emphasis on high-profile sexual and violent crimes. Previously, he was an associate attorney at Bryant Clark Dukes Blakeslee where he specialized in civil defense of personal injury, medical malpractice, insurance and municipal liability claims. Gargiulo has held several positions in the U.S. military and is currently a commissioned officer in the Mississippi Army National Guard. He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Southern Mississippi and a law degree from the University of Mississippi. Gargiulo is a member of the Mississippi Prosecutors Association, the Mississippi Bar Association and the National District Attorney’s Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary