Humphreys appointed chairman-elect
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
Ray Humphreys, chief executive officer of Delta Regional Medical Center in Greenville, was appointed chairman-elect of the 2009-2010 Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA) Board of Governors at the Mississippi Hospital Association’s 78th Annual Leadership Conference in Biloxi. Humphreys has served as CEO of Delta Regional since 2001. He previously served as chief executive officer and chief operating officer of Wesley Medical Center in Hattiesburg from 1976 to 2000. Humphreys began his career in healthcare administration at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Vicksburg in 1970.
Humphreys is a very active member of MHA. He has served as a member of the MHA Board of Governors, chairman of MHA’s Committee on Legislation, as a member of the MHA Trauma Committee and on the MHA Executive Committee. He serves on the board of directors of the Delta Economic Center and is a past member of the Delta Revitalization Task Force and the Governor’s Medicaid Advisory Committee. As a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives, Humphreys was named Healthcare Executive of the year in 2004. He is active in church and involved with several community organizations. Humphreys received his bachelor of business administration from Mississippi State University in 1967 and his master’s in hospital administration from Mississippi College in 1978.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county