MTA elects new board members
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
The Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) board of directors recently elected three new board members. The new members are Bomgar Corporation founder and CEO Joel Bomgar, Cellular South president Hu Meena and Jamas Capital Management managing director Richard Sun.
Bomgar has more than a decade of experience in network engineering. While working his way through college as a systems engineer, Bomgar created the concept for his company’s virtual support product, the Bomgar Box. Bomgar Corporation was founded in 2003 and has earned multiple awards for its rapid growth in revenues, which are currently in excess of $20 million.
In 1988, Meena helped start the wireless enterprise that has grown into Cellular South, the country’s largest privately-held wireless provider. Cellular South provided the first wireless service to many parts of Mississippi and its footprint today reaches Memphis and parts of West Tennessee, most of Mississippi, Mobile, Ala., and the Florida Panhandle.
Sun invests in, manages and advises start-up and early-stage companies. He is experienced in a wide range of industries in the United States, as well as in international and emerging markets. In 2006, Sun was named “Angel Investor of the Year” by New Vantage Active Angel Investors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project