MTA elects new board members
Published: July 20,2009
The Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) board of directors recently elected three new board members. The new members are Bomgar Corporation founder and CEO Joel Bomgar, Cellular South president Hu Meena and Jamas Capital Management managing director Richard Sun.
Bomgar has more than a decade of experience in network engineering. While working his way through college as a systems engineer, Bomgar created the concept for his company’s virtual support product, the Bomgar Box. Bomgar Corporation was founded in 2003 and has earned multiple awards for its rapid growth in revenues, which are currently in excess of $20 million.
In 1988, Meena helped start the wireless enterprise that has grown into Cellular South, the country’s largest privately-held wireless provider. Cellular South provided the first wireless service to many parts of Mississippi and its footprint today reaches Memphis and parts of West Tennessee, most of Mississippi, Mobile, Ala., and the Florida Panhandle.
Sun invests in, manages and advises start-up and early-stage companies. He is experienced in a wide range of industries in the United States, as well as in international and emerging markets. In 2006, Sun was named “Angel Investor of the Year” by New Vantage Active Angel Investors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement