Ole Miss honored with Chronicle ranking
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
OXFORD — The Chronicle of Higher Education has named the University of Mississippi (UM) to its Honor Roll of Great Colleges to Work For.
In making the Honor Roll, Ole Miss joined nine other four-year institutions — Cornell, Duke, Emory, George Mason, Lamar, Hardin-Simmons and Webster universities, as well as Georgia Tech and Notre Dame University.
“We’re certainly proud of this achievement,” said UM chancellor Dan Jones. “It is a testament to the entire university family, and a tribute to our previous chancellor, Robert Khayat, and his tenure of leadership.”
Besides being spotlighted in the publication’s July 10 issue, UM also made several Top 10 lists in the Chronicle’s second-annual Great Colleges to Work For survey. Measuring performance in 15 strategic areas, the lists include: Perception of and Confidence in Fair Treatment, Internal Communications, Work/Life Balance, Professional/Career Development Programs, Healthy Faculty-Administration Relations, Facilities and Security, Respect and Appreciation, and Confidence in Senior Leadership.
The rankings are based on the results of a Chronicle survey in which nearly 41,000 administrators, faculty members and staff members at 247 institutions participated. The assessment process, which also included an analysis of demographic data and workplace policies at each participating college or university, was administered by ModernThink, LLC, a human resources consulting company that has conducted many best places to work surveys for various groups.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition