Renasant Files with SEC
Published: July 20,2009
TUPELO — Renasant Corporation has filed a shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The shelf registration statement, once the SEC declares it effective, will allow the company to raise capital from time to time, up to an aggregate of $150 million, through the sale of common or preferred stock, warrants and units or a combination thereof, subject to market conditions.
Specific terms and prices will be determined at the time of any offering under a separate prospectus supplement that the company will be required to file with the SEC at the time of the specific offering.
Renasant chairman and CEO E. Robinson McGraw. “While we believe that Renasant currently maintains a strong capital position in light of its current and anticipated capital needs, the shelf registration better positions Renasant to take advantage of potential opportunities for expansion, should such opportunities arise, and to address current economic conditions.”
Renasant said it does not currently plan to offer or sell any of the securities covered by the shelf registration statement.
The proceeds of the sale of securities, if and when offered, would be used for general corporate purposes as described in any prospectus supplement and could include the expansion of the company’s banking, insurance and wealth management operations as well as other business opportunities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday