Renasant Files with SEC
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
TUPELO — Renasant Corporation has filed a shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The shelf registration statement, once the SEC declares it effective, will allow the company to raise capital from time to time, up to an aggregate of $150 million, through the sale of common or preferred stock, warrants and units or a combination thereof, subject to market conditions.
Specific terms and prices will be determined at the time of any offering under a separate prospectus supplement that the company will be required to file with the SEC at the time of the specific offering.
Renasant chairman and CEO E. Robinson McGraw. “While we believe that Renasant currently maintains a strong capital position in light of its current and anticipated capital needs, the shelf registration better positions Renasant to take advantage of potential opportunities for expansion, should such opportunities arise, and to address current economic conditions.”
Renasant said it does not currently plan to offer or sell any of the securities covered by the shelf registration statement.
The proceeds of the sale of securities, if and when offered, would be used for general corporate purposes as described in any prospectus supplement and could include the expansion of the company’s banking, insurance and wealth management operations as well as other business opportunities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability