South American trip slated for MDA
Published: July 20,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is leading a business development mission to Chile and Peru Sept. 27-Oct. 2. The trip is designed to provide opportunities for Mississippi businesses to expand trade and create business relationships by meeting one-on-one with qualified agents and distributors for their products and services.
“Chile and Peru are two dynamic and growing markets. More importantly, they are markets that Mississippi businesses can access easily,” said Gray Swoope, MDA’s executive director. “Mississippi exports to Chile and Peru increased 56 percent and 67 percent respectively last year. With free trade agreements in place with both markets, now is the optimum time to expand sales in the region. In fact, we have seen Chile become the second-largest market in South America for Mississippi goods in the last year.”
By participating in such a mission, businesses can take advantage of administrative support from MDA before, during and after the mission, including scheduled appointments with buyers, distributors, agents and brokers, detailed mission guide and customized itineraries, logistical coordination including local transportation assistance and language interpretation services.
Space is limited and businesses are encouraged to sign up early. The participation fee is $500 and the registration deadline is July 31, 2009. Participants are responsible for travel and personal expenses. For more information, contact Rose Boxx at (601) 359.3155 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit MDA’s web site at www.mississippi.org to learn more about the agency’s international marketing services and events or to request a consultation with an international trade specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino