South American trip slated for MDA
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is leading a business development mission to Chile and Peru Sept. 27-Oct. 2. The trip is designed to provide opportunities for Mississippi businesses to expand trade and create business relationships by meeting one-on-one with qualified agents and distributors for their products and services.
“Chile and Peru are two dynamic and growing markets. More importantly, they are markets that Mississippi businesses can access easily,” said Gray Swoope, MDA’s executive director. “Mississippi exports to Chile and Peru increased 56 percent and 67 percent respectively last year. With free trade agreements in place with both markets, now is the optimum time to expand sales in the region. In fact, we have seen Chile become the second-largest market in South America for Mississippi goods in the last year.”
By participating in such a mission, businesses can take advantage of administrative support from MDA before, during and after the mission, including scheduled appointments with buyers, distributors, agents and brokers, detailed mission guide and customized itineraries, logistical coordination including local transportation assistance and language interpretation services.
Space is limited and businesses are encouraged to sign up early. The participation fee is $500 and the registration deadline is July 31, 2009. Participants are responsible for travel and personal expenses. For more information, contact Rose Boxx at (601) 359.3155 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit MDA’s web site at www.mississippi.org to learn more about the agency’s international marketing services and events or to request a consultation with an international trade specialist.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain