Thompson takes top honor
Published: July 20,2009
State Health Officer Dr. Ed Thompson has been named the 2009 State Health Officer of the Year by the National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH). The presentation of the award was made during the organization’s annual conference in Philadelphia, Pa. The award is given annually in recognition of outstanding contributions of time and energy in supporting state and local public health issues. Thompson has been state health officer since 2007, having previously served in that position from 1993 to 2002. Thompson has also served with distinction at the CDC in Atlanta and as chair of preventive medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey