Thompson takes top honor
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 20,2009
State Health Officer Dr. Ed Thompson has been named the 2009 State Health Officer of the Year by the National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH). The presentation of the award was made during the organization’s annual conference in Philadelphia, Pa. The award is given annually in recognition of outstanding contributions of time and energy in supporting state and local public health issues. Thompson has been state health officer since 2007, having previously served in that position from 1993 to 2002. Thompson has also served with distinction at the CDC in Atlanta and as chair of preventive medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns