Thompson takes top honor
Published: July 20,2009
State Health Officer Dr. Ed Thompson has been named the 2009 State Health Officer of the Year by the National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH). The presentation of the award was made during the organization’s annual conference in Philadelphia, Pa. The award is given annually in recognition of outstanding contributions of time and energy in supporting state and local public health issues. Thompson has been state health officer since 2007, having previously served in that position from 1993 to 2002. Thompson has also served with distinction at the CDC in Atlanta and as chair of preventive medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals