Thompson takes top honor
Published: July 20,2009
State Health Officer Dr. Ed Thompson has been named the 2009 State Health Officer of the Year by the National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH). The presentation of the award was made during the organization’s annual conference in Philadelphia, Pa. The award is given annually in recognition of outstanding contributions of time and energy in supporting state and local public health issues. Thompson has been state health officer since 2007, having previously served in that position from 1993 to 2002. Thompson has also served with distinction at the CDC in Atlanta and as chair of preventive medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state