Thompson takes top honor
Published: July 20,2009
State Health Officer Dr. Ed Thompson has been named the 2009 State Health Officer of the Year by the National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH). The presentation of the award was made during the organization’s annual conference in Philadelphia, Pa. The award is given annually in recognition of outstanding contributions of time and energy in supporting state and local public health issues. Thompson has been state health officer since 2007, having previously served in that position from 1993 to 2002. Thompson has also served with distinction at the CDC in Atlanta and as chair of preventive medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics