Allen takes Court’s highest honor
Published: July 27,2009
The Mississippi Supreme Court has recognized attorney Harry R. Allen of Gulfport with its highest honor, the 2009 Chief Justice Award. Chief Justice Bill Waller Jr. selected Allen as the award recipient for his leadership efforts to assist members of the legal profession who struggle with substance abuse and mental health issues.
Allen served as chairman of the Supreme Court Commission to Address Concerns for Impaired Lawyers. Under Allen’s leadership, the commission spent hundreds of hours over the course of three years examining the problems presented by a range of impairments, and seeking solutions.
Allen has practiced law for 50 years. He served as Harrison County commissioner for the Region XIII Commission on Mental Health and Mental Retardation for more than 20 years. He has served as a member of the Court Liaison and Judicial Administration Committee. Allen is past president of the Harrison County Bar Association and the American Inns of Court, Russell-Blass-Walker Chapter. He is a Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation and past chairman of the Lamar Order-University of Mississippi Law School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option