Berry joins staff at NCSSSS
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Corey Berry is the newest staff member of the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi. Berry, a 2009 Southern Miss computer science graduate, is working to complete the beta version of the center’s Sport E-Vac Toolsuite, a program designed to assist emergency personnel in preparation and training for evacuation scenarios in sports venues. Berry, 24, a Pinola native, has been fascinated with computers and computer software since childhood. For the past two years, he has entered a programming competition sponsored by NASA, finishing second and fourth, respectively. He worked closely with NCSSSS director Lou Marciani’s team as a student before joining the staff full time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county