Berry joins staff at NCSSSS
Published: July 27,2009
Corey Berry is the newest staff member of the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi. Berry, a 2009 Southern Miss computer science graduate, is working to complete the beta version of the center’s Sport E-Vac Toolsuite, a program designed to assist emergency personnel in preparation and training for evacuation scenarios in sports venues. Berry, 24, a Pinola native, has been fascinated with computers and computer software since childhood. For the past two years, he has entered a programming competition sponsored by NASA, finishing second and fourth, respectively. He worked closely with NCSSSS director Lou Marciani’s team as a student before joining the staff full time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November