Berry joins staff at NCSSSS
Published: July 27,2009
Corey Berry is the newest staff member of the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi. Berry, a 2009 Southern Miss computer science graduate, is working to complete the beta version of the center’s Sport E-Vac Toolsuite, a program designed to assist emergency personnel in preparation and training for evacuation scenarios in sports venues. Berry, 24, a Pinola native, has been fascinated with computers and computer software since childhood. For the past two years, he has entered a programming competition sponsored by NASA, finishing second and fourth, respectively. He worked closely with NCSSSS director Lou Marciani’s team as a student before joining the staff full time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location