Collins named executive director
Published: July 27,2009
Jan Collins has been named executive director of the newly organized Madison County Business League. Collins, a marketing graduate from the University of Southern Mississippi, has four years of non-profit organization experience and 20 years of buying and management experience with McRae’s and Dillard’s department stores. Collins is a marketing graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Through partnership with the Madison County Economic Development Authority, the Madison County Board of Supervisors adopted a resolution creating the Madison County Business League in 2008. The purpose of the league is to offer the county a unique opportunity to bring a renewed spirit of cooperation and unity between the public and private sectors, thereby encouraging proper planning for future growth and development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals