Collins named executive director
Published: July 27,2009
Jan Collins has been named executive director of the newly organized Madison County Business League. Collins, a marketing graduate from the University of Southern Mississippi, has four years of non-profit organization experience and 20 years of buying and management experience with McRae’s and Dillard’s department stores. Collins is a marketing graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Through partnership with the Madison County Economic Development Authority, the Madison County Board of Supervisors adopted a resolution creating the Madison County Business League in 2008. The purpose of the league is to offer the county a unique opportunity to bring a renewed spirit of cooperation and unity between the public and private sectors, thereby encouraging proper planning for future growth and development.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November