County joins NFIP
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Choctaw County — Choctaw County has joined the 303 Mississippi communities allowed to purchase federally backed flood insurance, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) reports. The availability of the flood insurance follows the community’s adoption and enforcement of ordinances to reduce flood losses and acceptance by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Residents of Choctaw County will be able to purchase flood insurance up to the limits under the regular phase of the program. However, there is a 30-day waiting period before flood insurance coverage goes into effect.
For single-family dwellings, the building coverage limit is $250,000 and the contents coverage limit is $100,000. Renters can also protect their belongings by purchasing contents coverage. For commercial properties, the building and contents coverage limits are both $500,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery