Friends’ fundraiser nets $600,000+
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — Friends of Children’s Hospital announced that over $600,000 was raised at the 2009 fundraiser, “An Evening with the Mannings, Presented by BankPlus.” The proceeds from this event will benefit Friends and the recently-opened Eli Manning Children’s Clinics at the Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children.
“During my last trip to Jackson, I was able to tour the Eli Manning Children’s Clinics for the first time,” said Eli Manning, former Ole Miss quarterback and current New York Giant. “That was a special day for my wife, Abby, and me, and I’m so happy that with the continued success of this event, we are well on our way to our $2.5 million goal.”
The black tie event was held June 27 at the Jackson Convention Complex in downtown Jackson. Featured at the gala was a live cooking demonstration that included Manning and his celebrity guest — chef and restaurateur Emeril Lagasse.
“I was very happy to return to Jackson to help my friend, Eli, and the Manning family in this worthwhile cause for the children of Mississippi,” said Lagasse. “What a wonderful night dedicated to raising funds to improve the healthcare for children in this area.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location