Friends’ fundraiser nets $600,000+
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — Friends of Children’s Hospital announced that over $600,000 was raised at the 2009 fundraiser, “An Evening with the Mannings, Presented by BankPlus.” The proceeds from this event will benefit Friends and the recently-opened Eli Manning Children’s Clinics at the Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children.
“During my last trip to Jackson, I was able to tour the Eli Manning Children’s Clinics for the first time,” said Eli Manning, former Ole Miss quarterback and current New York Giant. “That was a special day for my wife, Abby, and me, and I’m so happy that with the continued success of this event, we are well on our way to our $2.5 million goal.”
The black tie event was held June 27 at the Jackson Convention Complex in downtown Jackson. Featured at the gala was a live cooking demonstration that included Manning and his celebrity guest — chef and restaurateur Emeril Lagasse.
“I was very happy to return to Jackson to help my friend, Eli, and the Manning family in this worthwhile cause for the children of Mississippi,” said Lagasse. “What a wonderful night dedicated to raising funds to improve the healthcare for children in this area.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development