Friends’ fundraiser nets $600,000+
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — Friends of Children’s Hospital announced that over $600,000 was raised at the 2009 fundraiser, “An Evening with the Mannings, Presented by BankPlus.” The proceeds from this event will benefit Friends and the recently-opened Eli Manning Children’s Clinics at the Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children.
“During my last trip to Jackson, I was able to tour the Eli Manning Children’s Clinics for the first time,” said Eli Manning, former Ole Miss quarterback and current New York Giant. “That was a special day for my wife, Abby, and me, and I’m so happy that with the continued success of this event, we are well on our way to our $2.5 million goal.”
The black tie event was held June 27 at the Jackson Convention Complex in downtown Jackson. Featured at the gala was a live cooking demonstration that included Manning and his celebrity guest — chef and restaurateur Emeril Lagasse.
“I was very happy to return to Jackson to help my friend, Eli, and the Manning family in this worthwhile cause for the children of Mississippi,” said Lagasse. “What a wonderful night dedicated to raising funds to improve the healthcare for children in this area.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues