MDA to head up delegation
Jackson — The Mississippi Development Authority has led a delegation of Mississippi business leaders to the SEUS-CP 2nd Annual Conference next month. SEUS-CP, an alliance of southeastern states and Canadian provinces, is being held in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, July 26-28.__
“Because Canada is one of Mississippi’s key trade partners, it’s crucial that we continue to foster strong business alliances and develop new trade opportunities,” said Gray Swoope, executive director of the MDA. “The annual conference and other SEUS-CP activities throughout the year are important parts of the state’s business development strategy.”
The event will provide networking and working opportunities for Mississippi economic development professionals and their counterparts in other southeastern states. With more than 300 Canadian and U.S. business and government leaders expected to attend, the conference will highlight three key industry sectors: advanced manufacturing, ocean technologies and energy.
Established in Nov. 2007, SEUS-CP is comprised of six states: Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee; and seven provinces: Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Quebec. The goals of the alliance are to present opportunities for businesses to enhance commercial exchanges, promote two-way investment and encourage technological and scientific exchanges between and among the member states and provinces.
The State of Mississippi will host the 3rd Annual SEUS-CP Conference in Biloxi April 11-13, 2010._
For the complete conference agenda, hotel information and to register, visit www.mississippi.org, select the calendar of events and then “SEUS-CP.” For additional information about SEUS-CP, contact Liz Cleveland or Vickie Watters at (601) 359-3155.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring