More swine flu identified
Published: July 27,2009
Across Mississippi — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 22 new cases of H1N1 swine flu for last week, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 234. The new cases last week were in Coahoma (two), Harrison (two), Lincoln (two), Panola (two), Chickasaw (one), Choctaw (one), Covington (one), DeSoto (one), George (one), Hinds (one), Lauderdale (one), Madison (one), Neshoba (one), Pike (one), Scott (one), Sunflower (one), Walthall (one) and Winston (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (33), Winston (27), Jackson (22), Lamar (17), Forrest (15), Madison (11), Rankin (10), Hinds (nine), Lowndes (seven), Greene (four), Jones (four), Monroe (four), Warren (four), Chickasaw (three), Coahoma (three), Covington (three), DeSoto (three), George (three), Holmes (three), Lauderdale (three), Lincoln (three), Neshoba (three), Oktibbeha (three), Panola (three), Scott (three), Yazoo (three), Alcorn (two), Lafayette (two), Lee (two), Perry (two), Tishomingo (two), Walthall (two), Webster (two), Attala (one), Bolivar (one), Choctaw (one), Copiah (one), Hancock (one), Leflore (one), Marion (one), Pearl River (one), Pike (one), Prentiss (one), Simpson (one), Smith (one), Sunflower (one), and Union (one) counties.
County numbers may have slightly changed from previous weeks after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity