More swine flu identified
Published: July 27,2009
Across Mississippi — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 22 new cases of H1N1 swine flu for last week, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 234. The new cases last week were in Coahoma (two), Harrison (two), Lincoln (two), Panola (two), Chickasaw (one), Choctaw (one), Covington (one), DeSoto (one), George (one), Hinds (one), Lauderdale (one), Madison (one), Neshoba (one), Pike (one), Scott (one), Sunflower (one), Walthall (one) and Winston (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (33), Winston (27), Jackson (22), Lamar (17), Forrest (15), Madison (11), Rankin (10), Hinds (nine), Lowndes (seven), Greene (four), Jones (four), Monroe (four), Warren (four), Chickasaw (three), Coahoma (three), Covington (three), DeSoto (three), George (three), Holmes (three), Lauderdale (three), Lincoln (three), Neshoba (three), Oktibbeha (three), Panola (three), Scott (three), Yazoo (three), Alcorn (two), Lafayette (two), Lee (two), Perry (two), Tishomingo (two), Walthall (two), Webster (two), Attala (one), Bolivar (one), Choctaw (one), Copiah (one), Hancock (one), Leflore (one), Marion (one), Pearl River (one), Pike (one), Prentiss (one), Simpson (one), Smith (one), Sunflower (one), and Union (one) counties.
County numbers may have slightly changed from previous weeks after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years