More swine flu identified
Published: July 27,2009
Across Mississippi — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 22 new cases of H1N1 swine flu for last week, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 234. The new cases last week were in Coahoma (two), Harrison (two), Lincoln (two), Panola (two), Chickasaw (one), Choctaw (one), Covington (one), DeSoto (one), George (one), Hinds (one), Lauderdale (one), Madison (one), Neshoba (one), Pike (one), Scott (one), Sunflower (one), Walthall (one) and Winston (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (33), Winston (27), Jackson (22), Lamar (17), Forrest (15), Madison (11), Rankin (10), Hinds (nine), Lowndes (seven), Greene (four), Jones (four), Monroe (four), Warren (four), Chickasaw (three), Coahoma (three), Covington (three), DeSoto (three), George (three), Holmes (three), Lauderdale (three), Lincoln (three), Neshoba (three), Oktibbeha (three), Panola (three), Scott (three), Yazoo (three), Alcorn (two), Lafayette (two), Lee (two), Perry (two), Tishomingo (two), Walthall (two), Webster (two), Attala (one), Bolivar (one), Choctaw (one), Copiah (one), Hancock (one), Leflore (one), Marion (one), Pearl River (one), Pike (one), Prentiss (one), Simpson (one), Smith (one), Sunflower (one), and Union (one) counties.
County numbers may have slightly changed from previous weeks after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three