More swine flu identified
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Across Mississippi — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 22 new cases of H1N1 swine flu for last week, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 234. The new cases last week were in Coahoma (two), Harrison (two), Lincoln (two), Panola (two), Chickasaw (one), Choctaw (one), Covington (one), DeSoto (one), George (one), Hinds (one), Lauderdale (one), Madison (one), Neshoba (one), Pike (one), Scott (one), Sunflower (one), Walthall (one) and Winston (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (33), Winston (27), Jackson (22), Lamar (17), Forrest (15), Madison (11), Rankin (10), Hinds (nine), Lowndes (seven), Greene (four), Jones (four), Monroe (four), Warren (four), Chickasaw (three), Coahoma (three), Covington (three), DeSoto (three), George (three), Holmes (three), Lauderdale (three), Lincoln (three), Neshoba (three), Oktibbeha (three), Panola (three), Scott (three), Yazoo (three), Alcorn (two), Lafayette (two), Lee (two), Perry (two), Tishomingo (two), Walthall (two), Webster (two), Attala (one), Bolivar (one), Choctaw (one), Copiah (one), Hancock (one), Leflore (one), Marion (one), Pearl River (one), Pike (one), Prentiss (one), Simpson (one), Smith (one), Sunflower (one), and Union (one) counties.
County numbers may have slightly changed from previous weeks after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions