Parsons named conference delegate
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Glenn Parsons, professor of biology at the University of Mississippi, has been selected as a delegate to the Southeastern United States-Canadian Provinces Alliance Second Annual Conference, which is being held July 26-28 in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The alliance, known as SEUS-CP, is a strategic trade and investment-focused partnership between six southeastern states and seven Canadian provinces.
One of three key business sectors for this year’s program is ocean technologies. As part of this sector, Parsons will be showcasing his award-winning bycatch reduction device, the Nested Cylinder. The device reduces the amount of fish (bycatch) caught in shrimp trawl nets by 55 percent, outperforming all other bycatch reduction device models, according to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Supervisors to talk about rising costs, dwindling budget