Parsons named conference delegate
Published: July 27,2009
Glenn Parsons, professor of biology at the University of Mississippi, has been selected as a delegate to the Southeastern United States-Canadian Provinces Alliance Second Annual Conference, which is being held July 26-28 in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The alliance, known as SEUS-CP, is a strategic trade and investment-focused partnership between six southeastern states and seven Canadian provinces.
One of three key business sectors for this year’s program is ocean technologies. As part of this sector, Parsons will be showcasing his award-winning bycatch reduction device, the Nested Cylinder. The device reduces the amount of fish (bycatch) caught in shrimp trawl nets by 55 percent, outperforming all other bycatch reduction device models, according to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location