Parsons named conference delegate
Published: July 27,2009
Glenn Parsons, professor of biology at the University of Mississippi, has been selected as a delegate to the Southeastern United States-Canadian Provinces Alliance Second Annual Conference, which is being held July 26-28 in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The alliance, known as SEUS-CP, is a strategic trade and investment-focused partnership between six southeastern states and seven Canadian provinces.
One of three key business sectors for this year’s program is ocean technologies. As part of this sector, Parsons will be showcasing his award-winning bycatch reduction device, the Nested Cylinder. The device reduces the amount of fish (bycatch) caught in shrimp trawl nets by 55 percent, outperforming all other bycatch reduction device models, according to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics