Parsons named conference delegate
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Glenn Parsons, professor of biology at the University of Mississippi, has been selected as a delegate to the Southeastern United States-Canadian Provinces Alliance Second Annual Conference, which is being held July 26-28 in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The alliance, known as SEUS-CP, is a strategic trade and investment-focused partnership between six southeastern states and seven Canadian provinces.
One of three key business sectors for this year’s program is ocean technologies. As part of this sector, Parsons will be showcasing his award-winning bycatch reduction device, the Nested Cylinder. The device reduces the amount of fish (bycatch) caught in shrimp trawl nets by 55 percent, outperforming all other bycatch reduction device models, according to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases