Parsons named conference delegate
Published: July 27,2009
Glenn Parsons, professor of biology at the University of Mississippi, has been selected as a delegate to the Southeastern United States-Canadian Provinces Alliance Second Annual Conference, which is being held July 26-28 in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The alliance, known as SEUS-CP, is a strategic trade and investment-focused partnership between six southeastern states and seven Canadian provinces.
One of three key business sectors for this year’s program is ocean technologies. As part of this sector, Parsons will be showcasing his award-winning bycatch reduction device, the Nested Cylinder. The device reduces the amount of fish (bycatch) caught in shrimp trawl nets by 55 percent, outperforming all other bycatch reduction device models, according to the university.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs