Patterson to direct new school
Published: July 27,2009
Viking Culinary Group, a division of Viking Range Corporation, is pleased to announce that Chan Patterson has been named cooking school manager of the soon-to-open Viking Cooking School in Ridgeland. Patterson, who has over 30 years of experience in teaching cooking classes and managing cooking schools, began her culinary education began while living in Germany where she mastered basic French cooking techniques by working with French-trained German chefs. Later, she took master classes from culinary greats such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin and Giuliano Bugialli. Patterson was a founding member of the first cooking school in Mississippi at St. James Episcopal Church. For 19 years, she served as cooking school director for the Everyday Gourmet in Jackson and is credited with scheduling Emeril Lagasse’s first class in a cooking school at the Everyday Gourmet when he opened his first restaurant. Patterson served as culinary advisor to the “Great Chefs” television series. She has been an active member of International Association of Culinary Professionals for many years and has served as a speaker, panelist and chairman at its yearly International conference. Most recently, Patterson served as manager of curriculum services for the Viking Culinary Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases