Patterson to direct new school
Published: July 27,2009
Viking Culinary Group, a division of Viking Range Corporation, is pleased to announce that Chan Patterson has been named cooking school manager of the soon-to-open Viking Cooking School in Ridgeland. Patterson, who has over 30 years of experience in teaching cooking classes and managing cooking schools, began her culinary education began while living in Germany where she mastered basic French cooking techniques by working with French-trained German chefs. Later, she took master classes from culinary greats such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin and Giuliano Bugialli. Patterson was a founding member of the first cooking school in Mississippi at St. James Episcopal Church. For 19 years, she served as cooking school director for the Everyday Gourmet in Jackson and is credited with scheduling Emeril Lagasse’s first class in a cooking school at the Everyday Gourmet when he opened his first restaurant. Patterson served as culinary advisor to the “Great Chefs” television series. She has been an active member of International Association of Culinary Professionals for many years and has served as a speaker, panelist and chairman at its yearly International conference. Most recently, Patterson served as manager of curriculum services for the Viking Culinary Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House