Patterson to direct new school
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Viking Culinary Group, a division of Viking Range Corporation, is pleased to announce that Chan Patterson has been named cooking school manager of the soon-to-open Viking Cooking School in Ridgeland. Patterson, who has over 30 years of experience in teaching cooking classes and managing cooking schools, began her culinary education began while living in Germany where she mastered basic French cooking techniques by working with French-trained German chefs. Later, she took master classes from culinary greats such as Julia Child, Jacques Pepin and Giuliano Bugialli. Patterson was a founding member of the first cooking school in Mississippi at St. James Episcopal Church. For 19 years, she served as cooking school director for the Everyday Gourmet in Jackson and is credited with scheduling Emeril Lagasse’s first class in a cooking school at the Everyday Gourmet when he opened his first restaurant. Patterson served as culinary advisor to the “Great Chefs” television series. She has been an active member of International Association of Culinary Professionals for many years and has served as a speaker, panelist and chairman at its yearly International conference. Most recently, Patterson served as manager of curriculum services for the Viking Culinary Group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law