UMMC, UnitedHealthcare ink deal
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) and UnitedHealthcare have signed an agreement giving UnitedHealthcare commercial health plan customers with in-network access to inpatient and outpatient services available through University Hospitals and Health Systems, including Holmes County Hospital and Clinics in Lexington.
The agreement also includes University Physicians.
Scott Stringer, M.D., associate vice chancellor for clinical affairs at UMMC and president of University Physicians, and David G. Putt, FACHE, interim CEO for UHHS, issued a joint statement: “We are happy to be a part of this mutual commitment to Mississippians. By joining UnitedHealthcare’s network, we assist in providing access to world-class inpatient, outpatient and clinic healthcare to community members across the state.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery