UMMC, UnitedHealthcare ink deal
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) and UnitedHealthcare have signed an agreement giving UnitedHealthcare commercial health plan customers with in-network access to inpatient and outpatient services available through University Hospitals and Health Systems, including Holmes County Hospital and Clinics in Lexington.
The agreement also includes University Physicians.
Scott Stringer, M.D., associate vice chancellor for clinical affairs at UMMC and president of University Physicians, and David G. Putt, FACHE, interim CEO for UHHS, issued a joint statement: “We are happy to be a part of this mutual commitment to Mississippians. By joining UnitedHealthcare’s network, we assist in providing access to world-class inpatient, outpatient and clinic healthcare to community members across the state.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability