UMMC, UnitedHealthcare ink deal
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) and UnitedHealthcare have signed an agreement giving UnitedHealthcare commercial health plan customers with in-network access to inpatient and outpatient services available through University Hospitals and Health Systems, including Holmes County Hospital and Clinics in Lexington.
The agreement also includes University Physicians.
Scott Stringer, M.D., associate vice chancellor for clinical affairs at UMMC and president of University Physicians, and David G. Putt, FACHE, interim CEO for UHHS, issued a joint statement: “We are happy to be a part of this mutual commitment to Mississippians. By joining UnitedHealthcare’s network, we assist in providing access to world-class inpatient, outpatient and clinic healthcare to community members across the state.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports