UMMC, UnitedHealthcare ink deal
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) and UnitedHealthcare have signed an agreement giving UnitedHealthcare commercial health plan customers with in-network access to inpatient and outpatient services available through University Hospitals and Health Systems, including Holmes County Hospital and Clinics in Lexington.
The agreement also includes University Physicians.
Scott Stringer, M.D., associate vice chancellor for clinical affairs at UMMC and president of University Physicians, and David G. Putt, FACHE, interim CEO for UHHS, issued a joint statement: “We are happy to be a part of this mutual commitment to Mississippians. By joining UnitedHealthcare’s network, we assist in providing access to world-class inpatient, outpatient and clinic healthcare to community members across the state.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits