UMMC, UnitedHealthcare ink deal
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Jackson — The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) and UnitedHealthcare have signed an agreement giving UnitedHealthcare commercial health plan customers with in-network access to inpatient and outpatient services available through University Hospitals and Health Systems, including Holmes County Hospital and Clinics in Lexington.
The agreement also includes University Physicians.
Scott Stringer, M.D., associate vice chancellor for clinical affairs at UMMC and president of University Physicians, and David G. Putt, FACHE, interim CEO for UHHS, issued a joint statement: “We are happy to be a part of this mutual commitment to Mississippians. By joining UnitedHealthcare’s network, we assist in providing access to world-class inpatient, outpatient and clinic healthcare to community members across the state.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line