Verizon completes Alltel integration
Verizon Wireless has completed it South Area Alltel integration. Verizon finalized its purchase of Alltel in January and has spent the past six months integrating networks, preparing to convert billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service, and re-merchandising stores across Mississippi including Jackson, Picayune, Vicksburg, Hattiesburg, Philadelphia, Laurel, Gulfport and Biloxi.
Former Alltel customers in markets to be retained by Verizon throughout the South now have access to Verizon Wireless’ lineup of devices and data services, and may visit Verizon Wireless stores across the country for sales and service.
“The bringing together of two great companies provides a tremendous benefit for both our new and existing customers and will allow us to serve them with the best both Alltel and Verizon Wireless offer,” said Kay Henze, president, Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities