Verizon completes Alltel integration
Verizon Wireless has completed it South Area Alltel integration. Verizon finalized its purchase of Alltel in January and has spent the past six months integrating networks, preparing to convert billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service, and re-merchandising stores across Mississippi including Jackson, Picayune, Vicksburg, Hattiesburg, Philadelphia, Laurel, Gulfport and Biloxi.
Former Alltel customers in markets to be retained by Verizon throughout the South now have access to Verizon Wireless’ lineup of devices and data services, and may visit Verizon Wireless stores across the country for sales and service.
“The bringing together of two great companies provides a tremendous benefit for both our new and existing customers and will allow us to serve them with the best both Alltel and Verizon Wireless offer,” said Kay Henze, president, Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate