Verizon completes Alltel integration
Verizon Wireless has completed it South Area Alltel integration. Verizon finalized its purchase of Alltel in January and has spent the past six months integrating networks, preparing to convert billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service, and re-merchandising stores across Mississippi including Jackson, Picayune, Vicksburg, Hattiesburg, Philadelphia, Laurel, Gulfport and Biloxi.
Former Alltel customers in markets to be retained by Verizon throughout the South now have access to Verizon Wireless’ lineup of devices and data services, and may visit Verizon Wireless stores across the country for sales and service.
“The bringing together of two great companies provides a tremendous benefit for both our new and existing customers and will allow us to serve them with the best both Alltel and Verizon Wireless offer,” said Kay Henze, president, Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs