Verizon completes Alltel integration
Verizon Wireless has completed it South Area Alltel integration. Verizon finalized its purchase of Alltel in January and has spent the past six months integrating networks, preparing to convert billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service, and re-merchandising stores across Mississippi including Jackson, Picayune, Vicksburg, Hattiesburg, Philadelphia, Laurel, Gulfport and Biloxi.
Former Alltel customers in markets to be retained by Verizon throughout the South now have access to Verizon Wireless’ lineup of devices and data services, and may visit Verizon Wireless stores across the country for sales and service.
“The bringing together of two great companies provides a tremendous benefit for both our new and existing customers and will allow us to serve them with the best both Alltel and Verizon Wireless offer,” said Kay Henze, president, Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Top 40 Under 40