Verizon completes Alltel integration
Verizon Wireless has completed it South Area Alltel integration. Verizon finalized its purchase of Alltel in January and has spent the past six months integrating networks, preparing to convert billing systems, upgrading high-speed wireless broadband service, and re-merchandising stores across Mississippi including Jackson, Picayune, Vicksburg, Hattiesburg, Philadelphia, Laurel, Gulfport and Biloxi.
Former Alltel customers in markets to be retained by Verizon throughout the South now have access to Verizon Wireless’ lineup of devices and data services, and may visit Verizon Wireless stores across the country for sales and service.
“The bringing together of two great companies provides a tremendous benefit for both our new and existing customers and will allow us to serve them with the best both Alltel and Verizon Wireless offer,” said Kay Henze, president, Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy