Water association getting loan
by MBJ Newswires
Published: July 27,2009
Washington — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $250 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
The 32 projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment systems for rural towns and communities in 17 states, Guam, and Puerto Rico. This is the fifth wave of water and environmental projects that U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced, with total funding of $1.134 billion.
In Mississippi, the North Lauderdale Water Association is receiving a loan of $1.025 million for an unspecified project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery