Water association getting loan
Published: July 27,2009
Washington — U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $250 million in water and environmental projects that are being funded immediately through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
The 32 projects will help provide safe drinking water and improved wastewater treatment systems for rural towns and communities in 17 states, Guam, and Puerto Rico. This is the fifth wave of water and environmental projects that U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced, with total funding of $1.134 billion.
In Mississippi, the North Lauderdale Water Association is receiving a loan of $1.025 million for an unspecified project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image