More swine flu cases found
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 26 new cases of H1N1 swine flu for last week, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 260.
The new cases were in Coahoma (three), DeSoto (three), Hinds (three), Lauderdale (three), Harrison (two), Bolivar (one), Calhoun (one), Copiah (one), Franklin (one), Jasper (one), Lawrence (one), Lincoln (one), Neshoba (one), Oktibbeha (one), Panola (one), Sunflower (one) and Webster (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (35), Winston (27), Jackson (22), Lamar (17), Forrest (15), Hinds (12), Madison (11), Rankin (10), Lowndes (seven), Coahoma (six), DeSoto (six), Lauderdale (six), Greene (four), Jones (four), Lincoln (four), Monroe (four), Neshoba (four), Oktibbeha (four), Panola (four), Warren (four), Chickasaw (three), Covington (three), George (three), Holmes (three), Scott (three), Webster (three), Yazoo (three), Alcorn (two), Bolivar (two), Copiah (two), Lafayette (two), Lee (two), Perry (two), Sunflower (two), Tishomingo (two), Walthall (two), Attala (one), Calhoun (one), Choctaw (one), Franklin (one), Hancock (one), Jasper (one), Lawrence (one), Leflore (one), Marion (one), Pearl River (one), Pike (one), Prentiss (one), Simpson (one), Smith (one) and Union (one) counties.
County numbers may have slightly changed from previous weeks after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement