More swine flu cases found
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 26 new cases of H1N1 swine flu for last week, bringing the state’s total number of cases to 260.
The new cases were in Coahoma (three), DeSoto (three), Hinds (three), Lauderdale (three), Harrison (two), Bolivar (one), Calhoun (one), Copiah (one), Franklin (one), Jasper (one), Lawrence (one), Lincoln (one), Neshoba (one), Oktibbeha (one), Panola (one), Sunflower (one) and Webster (one) counties.
Since MSDH began testing for H1N1 swine flu, cases have been reported in Harrison (35), Winston (27), Jackson (22), Lamar (17), Forrest (15), Hinds (12), Madison (11), Rankin (10), Lowndes (seven), Coahoma (six), DeSoto (six), Lauderdale (six), Greene (four), Jones (four), Lincoln (four), Monroe (four), Neshoba (four), Oktibbeha (four), Panola (four), Warren (four), Chickasaw (three), Covington (three), George (three), Holmes (three), Scott (three), Webster (three), Yazoo (three), Alcorn (two), Bolivar (two), Copiah (two), Lafayette (two), Lee (two), Perry (two), Sunflower (two), Tishomingo (two), Walthall (two), Attala (one), Calhoun (one), Choctaw (one), Franklin (one), Hancock (one), Jasper (one), Lawrence (one), Leflore (one), Marion (one), Pearl River (one), Pike (one), Prentiss (one), Simpson (one), Smith (one) and Union (one) counties.
County numbers may have slightly changed from previous weeks after case investigation and follow-up.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal