AES workshop coming to Capital City
JACKSON — The United States Commercial Service, in conjunction with the U.S. Census Bureau, is sponsoring an Automated Export System (AES) Compliance Seminar and Workshop August 13-14. The event will be held at the Mississippi E-Center on Raymond Road in Jackson.
The U.S. Census Bureau and port officers from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will participate as presenters. The Census Bureau experts will teach participants about export regulations, explain their responsibilities under the laws, cover the filing of required export information through the AES and make sure attendees understand the Schedule B classification requirements. The CBP experts will cover port requirements and efforts against terrorism and international narcotics trafficking. Participants will receive a certificate for attending the seminar.
On the second day, there will be an AESPcLink Workshop where participants will be provided free electronic filing of their export information via the Windows-based desktop PC Component AESPcLink.
Both days of the workshop will begin with registration at 7:30 a.m. The workshops will run from 8:30 a.m. until noon. The cost for day one is $99, and includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and all materials. The cost of say two is $40.
To register, visit www.buyusa.gov/jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges