AES workshop coming to Capital City
JACKSON — The United States Commercial Service, in conjunction with the U.S. Census Bureau, is sponsoring an Automated Export System (AES) Compliance Seminar and Workshop August 13-14. The event will be held at the Mississippi E-Center on Raymond Road in Jackson.
The U.S. Census Bureau and port officers from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will participate as presenters. The Census Bureau experts will teach participants about export regulations, explain their responsibilities under the laws, cover the filing of required export information through the AES and make sure attendees understand the Schedule B classification requirements. The CBP experts will cover port requirements and efforts against terrorism and international narcotics trafficking. Participants will receive a certificate for attending the seminar.
On the second day, there will be an AESPcLink Workshop where participants will be provided free electronic filing of their export information via the Windows-based desktop PC Component AESPcLink.
Both days of the workshop will begin with registration at 7:30 a.m. The workshops will run from 8:30 a.m. until noon. The cost for day one is $99, and includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and all materials. The cost of say two is $40.
To register, visit www.buyusa.gov/jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending