MEP completed and moving gas
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — Construction of the approximately 500-mile Midcontinent Express Pipeline (MEP) is complete and natural gas transportation service commenced Aug. 1, on the pipeline from Delhi, La., to Transcontinental Pipe Line’s Station 85 in Butler, Ala.
MEP is a joint venture of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., and Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
MEP has multiple receipt and delivery points along the pipeline system, which originates in Southeast Oklahoma, crosses Northeast Texas, North Louisiana and Central Mississippi and ends in Alabama. Capacity is currently up to 1.25 billion cubic feet (Bcf) per day in Zone 1, which interconnects with the Columbia Gulf Transmission system in Delhi and up to 0.84 Bcf per day in Zone 2, which interconnects with the Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line system in Butler.
An expansion of the pipeline is expected to be completed in 2010, which will further increase MEP’s capacity to approximately 1.8 Bcf per day in Zone 1 and 1.2 Bcf per day in Zone 2. The pipeline’s capacity, including the expansion capacity, is fully subscribed with long-term binding commitments from creditworthy shippers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring