Stimulus project goes to N.J. firm
JACKSON — Skanska USA Building, headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., has been awarded its first fully funded American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) contracts.
One of those contracts if for the renovation and modernization of the Dr. A.H. McCoy Federal Building in Jackson. The 15-story, 400,420-square-foot renovation and modernization project is worth $60 million, will begin its fast-track, design-assist program in late August with a targeted completion in late 2012.
The facility will incorporate green design concepts to achieve LEED Silver certification from the United States Green Building Council.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager