Stimulus project goes to N.J. firm
JACKSON — Skanska USA Building, headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., has been awarded its first fully funded American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) contracts.
One of those contracts if for the renovation and modernization of the Dr. A.H. McCoy Federal Building in Jackson. The 15-story, 400,420-square-foot renovation and modernization project is worth $60 million, will begin its fast-track, design-assist program in late August with a targeted completion in late 2012.
The facility will incorporate green design concepts to achieve LEED Silver certification from the United States Green Building Council.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules