Unemployment claims increase
In the week ending July 25, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial unemployment claims was 584,000, an increase of 25,000 from the previous week’s revised figure. The four-week moving average was 559,000, a decrease of 8,250 from the previous week’s revised average of 567,250.
The advance seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate was 4.7 percent for the week ending July 18, unchanged from the prior week’s unrevised rate.
The advance number for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment during the week ending July 18 was 6.197 million, a decrease of 54,000 from the preceding week’s revised level of 6.251 million. The four-week moving average was approximately 6.416 million, a decrease of 131,750 from the preceding week’s revised average.
The fiscal year-to-date average for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment for all programs is 5.497 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters