Prime Outlets report record crowds
GULFPORT — Regional shopping destination Prime Outlets–Gulfport reports it experienced a record increase in shopper traffic during Mississippi’s first-ever Tax Free Holiday July 31-Aug. 1.
According to Prime Outlets – Gulfport representatives, as the center’s collection of leading designer and brand-name stores including J.Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Nike began opening their doors Friday morning, customers filed into the shopping destination’s parking lot where approximately 500 cars were gathered by 9:30 a.m. By mid-morning, outlet center traffic lined down U.S. 49 and continued at a steady pace into the evening hours.
At closing Aug. 1, it reported an 85 percent increase in shopper traffic over the two-day tax-free shopping period.
“The week before the start of the school season is always a popular and busy time for our outlet center,” said Rhonda Roberts, marketing manager, Prime Outlets–Gulfport. “As our more than 60 outlet stores featured their best back-to-school sales along with everyday savings and discounts up to 65 percent off regular retail prices, our thousands of shoppers also benefited as they saved even more with the weekend’s state-wide tax-free incentive. The tax-free holiday was a true success for all.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site