Prime Outlets report record crowds
GULFPORT — Regional shopping destination Prime Outlets–Gulfport reports it experienced a record increase in shopper traffic during Mississippi’s first-ever Tax Free Holiday July 31-Aug. 1.
According to Prime Outlets – Gulfport representatives, as the center’s collection of leading designer and brand-name stores including J.Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Nike began opening their doors Friday morning, customers filed into the shopping destination’s parking lot where approximately 500 cars were gathered by 9:30 a.m. By mid-morning, outlet center traffic lined down U.S. 49 and continued at a steady pace into the evening hours.
At closing Aug. 1, it reported an 85 percent increase in shopper traffic over the two-day tax-free shopping period.
“The week before the start of the school season is always a popular and busy time for our outlet center,” said Rhonda Roberts, marketing manager, Prime Outlets–Gulfport. “As our more than 60 outlet stores featured their best back-to-school sales along with everyday savings and discounts up to 65 percent off regular retail prices, our thousands of shoppers also benefited as they saved even more with the weekend’s state-wide tax-free incentive. The tax-free holiday was a true success for all.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge