Cellular South finishes buildout in the Delta
RIDGELAND — Cellular South is announcing the last phase of its major expansion efforts this year for third generation (3G) high-speed mobile broadband data services in the State of Mississippi with availability in 15 counties and 60 cities in the Mississippi Delta. This is the single largest 3G expansion by any wireless company in the Mississippi Delta region, according to the Ridgeland-based telecommunications company.
Some of the larger cities in the Mississippi Delta region with the new 3G coverage boost include Cleveland, Greenwood, Greenville, Belzoni, Indianola, Yazoo City, Leland and Grenada. Earlier this year, 10 counties in Southwest Mississippi, including the cities of Natchez, Brookhaven and McComb, received the 3G coverage boost along with Lauderdale County and the City of Meridian in East Mississippi.
In all, Cellular South has deployed 3G service in 78 cities across 26 counties in Mississippi during the second and third quarters this year. Coupled with earlier rollouts of its mobile broadband services that began in 2006 and continued through 2008 in 80 cities and 25 counties, Cellular South 3G high-speed data service is now available in areas that reach two out of three Mississippians and in 29 of the state’s 30 largest cities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal