Cellular South finishes buildout in the Delta
RIDGELAND — Cellular South is announcing the last phase of its major expansion efforts this year for third generation (3G) high-speed mobile broadband data services in the State of Mississippi with availability in 15 counties and 60 cities in the Mississippi Delta. This is the single largest 3G expansion by any wireless company in the Mississippi Delta region, according to the Ridgeland-based telecommunications company.
Some of the larger cities in the Mississippi Delta region with the new 3G coverage boost include Cleveland, Greenwood, Greenville, Belzoni, Indianola, Yazoo City, Leland and Grenada. Earlier this year, 10 counties in Southwest Mississippi, including the cities of Natchez, Brookhaven and McComb, received the 3G coverage boost along with Lauderdale County and the City of Meridian in East Mississippi.
In all, Cellular South has deployed 3G service in 78 cities across 26 counties in Mississippi during the second and third quarters this year. Coupled with earlier rollouts of its mobile broadband services that began in 2006 and continued through 2008 in 80 cities and 25 counties, Cellular South 3G high-speed data service is now available in areas that reach two out of three Mississippians and in 29 of the state’s 30 largest cities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran