Emergency Operations Center gets funding
Published: August 10,2009
KILN — Plans to construct a new Emergency Operations Center to serve Hancock County can now move forward with the support of a $1.5-million federal grant, announced Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) and Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.).
The grant award has been given final approval from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force