Hancock Fabrics opens new store in Alabama
BALDWYN — Hancock Fabrics Inc. is opening a new store in Daphne, Ala. The grand opening will be held Aug. 14-16 with a M’Liss Rae Hawley guest appearance Aug. 15 from 11 a.m. until 1p.m.
Hawley, an internationally known sewing expert, is the newest creative partner of Hancock Fabrics. She will display some of her designs, demonstrate and lecture on the finer points of sewing and be available to sign books.
She will also introduce her newest exclusive Hancock Fabric collections. They are “Wrapped in Love,” which is inspired by some of Hawley’s favorite Christmas memories, and “Garden Breeze,” a collection of flannel prints inspired by the outdoors and Hawley’s love of the environment.
“We’ve admired M’Liss’ work for many years and appreciate both her skill and creativity. We believe she’s the perfect connection for our customers, the majority of whom are passionate and highly creative artists themselves,” said Jane Aggers, president and CEO of Hancock Fabrics, which recently emerged from bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet