Hancock Fabrics opens new store in Alabama
BALDWYN — Hancock Fabrics Inc. is opening a new store in Daphne, Ala. The grand opening will be held Aug. 14-16 with a M’Liss Rae Hawley guest appearance Aug. 15 from 11 a.m. until 1p.m.
Hawley, an internationally known sewing expert, is the newest creative partner of Hancock Fabrics. She will display some of her designs, demonstrate and lecture on the finer points of sewing and be available to sign books.
She will also introduce her newest exclusive Hancock Fabric collections. They are “Wrapped in Love,” which is inspired by some of Hawley’s favorite Christmas memories, and “Garden Breeze,” a collection of flannel prints inspired by the outdoors and Hawley’s love of the environment.
“We’ve admired M’Liss’ work for many years and appreciate both her skill and creativity. We believe she’s the perfect connection for our customers, the majority of whom are passionate and highly creative artists themselves,” said Jane Aggers, president and CEO of Hancock Fabrics, which recently emerged from bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river