Hancock Fabrics opens new store in Alabama
BALDWYN — Hancock Fabrics Inc. is opening a new store in Daphne, Ala. The grand opening will be held Aug. 14-16 with a M’Liss Rae Hawley guest appearance Aug. 15 from 11 a.m. until 1p.m.
Hawley, an internationally known sewing expert, is the newest creative partner of Hancock Fabrics. She will display some of her designs, demonstrate and lecture on the finer points of sewing and be available to sign books.
She will also introduce her newest exclusive Hancock Fabric collections. They are “Wrapped in Love,” which is inspired by some of Hawley’s favorite Christmas memories, and “Garden Breeze,” a collection of flannel prints inspired by the outdoors and Hawley’s love of the environment.
“We’ve admired M’Liss’ work for many years and appreciate both her skill and creativity. We believe she’s the perfect connection for our customers, the majority of whom are passionate and highly creative artists themselves,” said Jane Aggers, president and CEO of Hancock Fabrics, which recently emerged from bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data