It’s all a numbers game
by For the MBJ
Published: August 10,2009
When the stock market was over 14,000 and unemployment was just over 4 percent under the Bush administration, we were told the numbers did not reflect the true suffering of the average American.
Under Barack Obama, the stock market reached down into the 7,000s and unemployment is resting at almost 10 percent and we are told the numbers do not reflect the current economic boom in job growth, housing starts and revitalized 401(k)s.
Daren Bourns, Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal