It’s all a numbers game
by For the MBJ
Published: August 10,2009
When the stock market was over 14,000 and unemployment was just over 4 percent under the Bush administration, we were told the numbers did not reflect the true suffering of the average American.
Under Barack Obama, the stock market reached down into the 7,000s and unemployment is resting at almost 10 percent and we are told the numbers do not reflect the current economic boom in job growth, housing starts and revitalized 401(k)s.
Daren Bourns, Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics