It’s all a numbers game
by For the MBJ
Published: August 10,2009
When the stock market was over 14,000 and unemployment was just over 4 percent under the Bush administration, we were told the numbers did not reflect the true suffering of the average American.
Under Barack Obama, the stock market reached down into the 7,000s and unemployment is resting at almost 10 percent and we are told the numbers do not reflect the current economic boom in job growth, housing starts and revitalized 401(k)s.
Daren Bourns, Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Supervisors to talk about rising costs, dwindling budget