It’s all a numbers game
by For the MBJ
Published: August 10,2009
When the stock market was over 14,000 and unemployment was just over 4 percent under the Bush administration, we were told the numbers did not reflect the true suffering of the average American.
Under Barack Obama, the stock market reached down into the 7,000s and unemployment is resting at almost 10 percent and we are told the numbers do not reflect the current economic boom in job growth, housing starts and revitalized 401(k)s.
Daren Bourns, Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi