It’s all a numbers game
by For the MBJ
Published: August 10,2009
When the stock market was over 14,000 and unemployment was just over 4 percent under the Bush administration, we were told the numbers did not reflect the true suffering of the average American.
Under Barack Obama, the stock market reached down into the 7,000s and unemployment is resting at almost 10 percent and we are told the numbers do not reflect the current economic boom in job growth, housing starts and revitalized 401(k)s.
Daren Bourns, Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful