Keeping Our Eye On: Leigh Anne Mason
Published: August 10,2009
Education: Bachelor’s degree from USM in education with an emphasis in mathematics
Current Position: Group sales specialist for the Natchez Convention Center and the Natchez Grand Hotel
Leigh Anne Mason attended Copiah Lincoln Community College on a cheerleading and softball scholarship, earning all-state and all-region as a freshman. She completed her degree at USM in Hattiesburg.
After teaching for 11 years, five of those being dedicated to teaching gifted eighth-graders Algebra I, Mason changed careers to help market her hometown of Natchez.
From fall and spring pilgrimage to The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race, Mason now hopes to help fill her historic city with conventions, conferences and corporate meetings of all sizes.
One of Mason’s passions is sports. She spends most of her free time coaching her daughters, Ashton, 14, and Shelby, 8, in softball, cheerleading and basketball,as well as playing in an adult co-ed softball league. She loves high school football and closely follows LSU sports. She also is involved in the Natchez Little Theatre.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Historic Downtown Natchez.
Must-have Mississippi food: Grilled catfish from Magnolia Grill under the hill in Natchez.
Favorite hangout: Any ballpark, anywhere, with a lawn chair in the sunshine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending