Keeping Our Eye On: Leigh Anne Mason
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 10,2009
Education: Bachelor’s degree from USM in education with an emphasis in mathematics
Current Position: Group sales specialist for the Natchez Convention Center and the Natchez Grand Hotel
Leigh Anne Mason attended Copiah Lincoln Community College on a cheerleading and softball scholarship, earning all-state and all-region as a freshman. She completed her degree at USM in Hattiesburg.
After teaching for 11 years, five of those being dedicated to teaching gifted eighth-graders Algebra I, Mason changed careers to help market her hometown of Natchez.
From fall and spring pilgrimage to The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race, Mason now hopes to help fill her historic city with conventions, conferences and corporate meetings of all sizes.
One of Mason’s passions is sports. She spends most of her free time coaching her daughters, Ashton, 14, and Shelby, 8, in softball, cheerleading and basketball,as well as playing in an adult co-ed softball league. She loves high school football and closely follows LSU sports. She also is involved in the Natchez Little Theatre.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Historic Downtown Natchez.
Must-have Mississippi food: Grilled catfish from Magnolia Grill under the hill in Natchez.
Favorite hangout: Any ballpark, anywhere, with a lawn chair in the sunshine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip