Keeping Our Eye On: Leigh Anne Mason
Published: August 10,2009
Education: Bachelor’s degree from USM in education with an emphasis in mathematics
Current Position: Group sales specialist for the Natchez Convention Center and the Natchez Grand Hotel
Leigh Anne Mason attended Copiah Lincoln Community College on a cheerleading and softball scholarship, earning all-state and all-region as a freshman. She completed her degree at USM in Hattiesburg.
After teaching for 11 years, five of those being dedicated to teaching gifted eighth-graders Algebra I, Mason changed careers to help market her hometown of Natchez.
From fall and spring pilgrimage to The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race, Mason now hopes to help fill her historic city with conventions, conferences and corporate meetings of all sizes.
One of Mason’s passions is sports. She spends most of her free time coaching her daughters, Ashton, 14, and Shelby, 8, in softball, cheerleading and basketball,as well as playing in an adult co-ed softball league. She loves high school football and closely follows LSU sports. She also is involved in the Natchez Little Theatre.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Historic Downtown Natchez.
Must-have Mississippi food: Grilled catfish from Magnolia Grill under the hill in Natchez.
Favorite hangout: Any ballpark, anywhere, with a lawn chair in the sunshine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program