More ARRA funding awarded to Mississippi
Published: August 10,2009
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced the selection of $58.1 million in community facilities projects that are being funded immediately with federal funds provided through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
In addition to the $58.1 million that USDA Rural Development is providing to fund the 104 projects announced today, recipients will invest $41.2 million from other sources.
The funding is being provided through USDA Rural Development’s Community Facilities program, which helps finance essential community facilities for public use in rural areas. These facilities include child care centers, hospitals, medical clinics, assisted-living facilities, fire and rescue stations, police stations, community centers, public buildings and transportation. (Public bodies, non-profit organizations and recognized Indian tribes are eligible to apply for funding.)
Mississippi entities receiving ARRA funding are the Town of Sidon ($59,500 grant), Calhoun County Board of Supervisors $3 million loan), Mound Bayou Public School District ($55,800 grant), Alcorn County Board of Supervisors; $11,499 and $24,218 grants) and Bolivar County Board of Supervisors ($59,200 grant).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force