Murphy completes training for board
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 10,2009
Martha Murphy, a member of the Mississippi State Board of Education, completed three days of intensive training to help new board members become highly effective state education policymakers. The training was provided by the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) at no charge.
Murphy joined state board members from 21 states and territories in sessions that covered basic boardsmanship issues such as the responsibilities of boards and their members, the sequence of policy development and using Robert’s Rules of Order as well as more advanced subjects such as how to provide effective state leadership through board actions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases