MUW establishes new School of Professional Studies
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has formed a new School of Professional Studies, which embraces the Culinary Arts Institute and the College of Business and Legal Studies.
Merging the two entities is an idea the university has considered since 2007 when an external consultant made the recommendation, according to Dr. Joyce M. Hunt, former interim dean of the College of Business and Legal Studies.
“All programs in the new school are professional programs with very specific job-related skills as a part of the curriculum,” she said. Additionally, the new school will take advantage of the symbiotic and synergistic combination of the three primary disciplines, culinary arts, legal studies and business.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi