MUW establishes new School of Professional Studies
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has formed a new School of Professional Studies, which embraces the Culinary Arts Institute and the College of Business and Legal Studies.
Merging the two entities is an idea the university has considered since 2007 when an external consultant made the recommendation, according to Dr. Joyce M. Hunt, former interim dean of the College of Business and Legal Studies.
“All programs in the new school are professional programs with very specific job-related skills as a part of the curriculum,” she said. Additionally, the new school will take advantage of the symbiotic and synergistic combination of the three primary disciplines, culinary arts, legal studies and business.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)