MUW establishes new School of Professional Studies
COLUMBUS — Mississippi University for Women (MUW) has formed a new School of Professional Studies, which embraces the Culinary Arts Institute and the College of Business and Legal Studies.
Merging the two entities is an idea the university has considered since 2007 when an external consultant made the recommendation, according to Dr. Joyce M. Hunt, former interim dean of the College of Business and Legal Studies.
“All programs in the new school are professional programs with very specific job-related skills as a part of the curriculum,” she said. Additionally, the new school will take advantage of the symbiotic and synergistic combination of the three primary disciplines, culinary arts, legal studies and business.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early