Physicians added to UMMC staff
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 10,2009
Dr. John Cross, assistant professor of medicine, and Dr. Barry Berch, assistant professor of surgery, have joined University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC). They will see patients through University Physicians, part of University of Mississippi Health Care.
Cross, whose father, Maj. Gen. Harold Cross, is adjutant general of Mississippi, received the B.S. cum laude from Mississippi State University in 2000 and the M.D. from UMMC in 2006. He completed residency training in internal medicine at UMMC in 2009. Before attending medical school, Cross served as an electrical and computer engineer in the Department of Physiology.
Berch received the B.S. magna cum laude from Millsaps College in 1996 and the M.D. magna cum laude from UMMC in 2001. He completed an internship in general surgery in 2002, and served as junior resident in general surgery from 2002-04, senior resident in general surgery from 2005-06 and chief resident in general surgery from 2006-07 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he completed a surgical research fellowship in 2005. He also served a pediatric surgery fellowship at Monroe Carell, Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt from 2007-09. Berch received the Grave’s Resident Teaching Award as chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 2007 and the Pediatric ED Consultant of the Year Award at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges