Physicians added to UMMC staff
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 10,2009
Dr. John Cross, assistant professor of medicine, and Dr. Barry Berch, assistant professor of surgery, have joined University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC). They will see patients through University Physicians, part of University of Mississippi Health Care.
Cross, whose father, Maj. Gen. Harold Cross, is adjutant general of Mississippi, received the B.S. cum laude from Mississippi State University in 2000 and the M.D. from UMMC in 2006. He completed residency training in internal medicine at UMMC in 2009. Before attending medical school, Cross served as an electrical and computer engineer in the Department of Physiology.
Berch received the B.S. magna cum laude from Millsaps College in 1996 and the M.D. magna cum laude from UMMC in 2001. He completed an internship in general surgery in 2002, and served as junior resident in general surgery from 2002-04, senior resident in general surgery from 2005-06 and chief resident in general surgery from 2006-07 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he completed a surgical research fellowship in 2005. He also served a pediatric surgery fellowship at Monroe Carell, Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt from 2007-09. Berch received the Grave’s Resident Teaching Award as chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 2007 and the Pediatric ED Consultant of the Year Award at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit