Physicians added to UMMC staff
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 10,2009
Dr. John Cross, assistant professor of medicine, and Dr. Barry Berch, assistant professor of surgery, have joined University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC). They will see patients through University Physicians, part of University of Mississippi Health Care.
Cross, whose father, Maj. Gen. Harold Cross, is adjutant general of Mississippi, received the B.S. cum laude from Mississippi State University in 2000 and the M.D. from UMMC in 2006. He completed residency training in internal medicine at UMMC in 2009. Before attending medical school, Cross served as an electrical and computer engineer in the Department of Physiology.
Berch received the B.S. magna cum laude from Millsaps College in 1996 and the M.D. magna cum laude from UMMC in 2001. He completed an internship in general surgery in 2002, and served as junior resident in general surgery from 2002-04, senior resident in general surgery from 2005-06 and chief resident in general surgery from 2006-07 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he completed a surgical research fellowship in 2005. He also served a pediatric surgery fellowship at Monroe Carell, Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt from 2007-09. Berch received the Grave’s Resident Teaching Award as chief resident at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 2007 and the Pediatric ED Consultant of the Year Award at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute