Search For Delaughter’s Replacement Begins
Published: August 10,2009
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour’s Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee is conducting a search to replace Circuit Court Judge Bobby DeLaughter of the Seventh Judicial District, Sub-district 4.
DeLaughter, whose district includes portions of Hinds County, notified Barbour of his resignation, which was effective July 30. DeLaughter has pled guilty to obstruction of justice charges, and faces 18 months in prison.
The committee will review nominees in accordance with Executive Order 914 and make recommendations on a replacement. The 31-member committee includes a chairman and 10 attorneys from each of the state’s Supreme Court districts.
Anyone interested in applying should send 12 copies of their resume and a writing sample to Ed Brunini Jr., chairman of the committee, to P.O. Box 119, Jackson, MS 39205. The deadline for submitting applications is Aug. 17, 2009. Anyone interested in recommending prospective candidates should send their letters of recommendation to Brunini at the same address.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41