Search For Delaughter’s Replacement Begins
Published: August 10,2009
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour’s Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee is conducting a search to replace Circuit Court Judge Bobby DeLaughter of the Seventh Judicial District, Sub-district 4.
DeLaughter, whose district includes portions of Hinds County, notified Barbour of his resignation, which was effective July 30. DeLaughter has pled guilty to obstruction of justice charges, and faces 18 months in prison.
The committee will review nominees in accordance with Executive Order 914 and make recommendations on a replacement. The 31-member committee includes a chairman and 10 attorneys from each of the state’s Supreme Court districts.
Anyone interested in applying should send 12 copies of their resume and a writing sample to Ed Brunini Jr., chairman of the committee, to P.O. Box 119, Jackson, MS 39205. The deadline for submitting applications is Aug. 17, 2009. Anyone interested in recommending prospective candidates should send their letters of recommendation to Brunini at the same address.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case