Silverman named CEO of CMMC
Published: August 10,2009
Glen M. Silverman has been promoted to the position of CEO of Central Mississippi Medical Center (CMMC) in Jackson. Silverman has acquired almost 20 years of healthcare management experience. He has served in several administrative capacities since 2004 when he transferred from a sister Health Management Associates (HMA) hospital to serve as the CFO at CMMC. In 2007, he was named COO.
Silverman joined HMA in 1998 as an assistant controller at Riverview Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, Ala. In 1999, he was assigned to Sandhills Regional Medical Center in Hamlet, N.C. He served as CFO at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, a 117-bed acute care hospital operated by HMA in Mooresville, N.C.
Silverman received a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla. He obtained an MBA from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla. He is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal