Silverman named CEO of CMMC
Published: August 10,2009
Glen M. Silverman has been promoted to the position of CEO of Central Mississippi Medical Center (CMMC) in Jackson. Silverman has acquired almost 20 years of healthcare management experience. He has served in several administrative capacities since 2004 when he transferred from a sister Health Management Associates (HMA) hospital to serve as the CFO at CMMC. In 2007, he was named COO.
Silverman joined HMA in 1998 as an assistant controller at Riverview Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, Ala. In 1999, he was assigned to Sandhills Regional Medical Center in Hamlet, N.C. He served as CFO at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, a 117-bed acute care hospital operated by HMA in Mooresville, N.C.
Silverman received a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla. He obtained an MBA from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla. He is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday