Silverman named CEO of CMMC
Published: August 10,2009
Glen M. Silverman has been promoted to the position of CEO of Central Mississippi Medical Center (CMMC) in Jackson. Silverman has acquired almost 20 years of healthcare management experience. He has served in several administrative capacities since 2004 when he transferred from a sister Health Management Associates (HMA) hospital to serve as the CFO at CMMC. In 2007, he was named COO.
Silverman joined HMA in 1998 as an assistant controller at Riverview Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, Ala. In 1999, he was assigned to Sandhills Regional Medical Center in Hamlet, N.C. He served as CFO at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, a 117-bed acute care hospital operated by HMA in Mooresville, N.C.
Silverman received a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla. He obtained an MBA from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla. He is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form