Silverman named CEO of CMMC
Published: August 10,2009
Glen M. Silverman has been promoted to the position of CEO of Central Mississippi Medical Center (CMMC) in Jackson. Silverman has acquired almost 20 years of healthcare management experience. He has served in several administrative capacities since 2004 when he transferred from a sister Health Management Associates (HMA) hospital to serve as the CFO at CMMC. In 2007, he was named COO.
Silverman joined HMA in 1998 as an assistant controller at Riverview Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, Ala. In 1999, he was assigned to Sandhills Regional Medical Center in Hamlet, N.C. He served as CFO at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, a 117-bed acute care hospital operated by HMA in Mooresville, N.C.
Silverman received a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla. He obtained an MBA from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Fla. He is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money