The First sees poorer first quarter
Published: August 10,2009
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, reported earnings for the three months ended June 30, 2009, amounted to $104,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared to $339,000, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008.
David E. Johnson, The First chairman and CEO, said, “In light of the current economic downturn, we are pleased to report positive earnings for the second quarter. We are also pleased at some of the current trends we are seeing in our company.
“Our earnings, though down, are positive, our margins are improving, our non-performing loans remain below peers and our capital remains strong. We further strengthened capital with the addition of Treasury Capital Purchase Program preferred stock in the amount of $5 million back in Feb. 2009.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year