The First sees poorer first quarter
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 10,2009
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, reported earnings for the three months ended June 30, 2009, amounted to $104,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared to $339,000, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008.
David E. Johnson, The First chairman and CEO, said, “In light of the current economic downturn, we are pleased to report positive earnings for the second quarter. We are also pleased at some of the current trends we are seeing in our company.
“Our earnings, though down, are positive, our margins are improving, our non-performing loans remain below peers and our capital remains strong. We further strengthened capital with the addition of Treasury Capital Purchase Program preferred stock in the amount of $5 million back in Feb. 2009.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month