The First sees poorer first quarter
Published: August 10,2009
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, reported earnings for the three months ended June 30, 2009, amounted to $104,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared to $339,000, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008.
David E. Johnson, The First chairman and CEO, said, “In light of the current economic downturn, we are pleased to report positive earnings for the second quarter. We are also pleased at some of the current trends we are seeing in our company.
“Our earnings, though down, are positive, our margins are improving, our non-performing loans remain below peers and our capital remains strong. We further strengthened capital with the addition of Treasury Capital Purchase Program preferred stock in the amount of $5 million back in Feb. 2009.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi