The First sees poorer first quarter
Published: August 10,2009
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, reported earnings for the three months ended June 30, 2009, amounted to $104,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared to $339,000, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008.
David E. Johnson, The First chairman and CEO, said, “In light of the current economic downturn, we are pleased to report positive earnings for the second quarter. We are also pleased at some of the current trends we are seeing in our company.
“Our earnings, though down, are positive, our margins are improving, our non-performing loans remain below peers and our capital remains strong. We further strengthened capital with the addition of Treasury Capital Purchase Program preferred stock in the amount of $5 million back in Feb. 2009.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations