The First sees poorer first quarter
Published: August 10,2009
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, reported earnings for the three months ended June 30, 2009, amounted to $104,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared to $339,000, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the same quarter in 2008.
David E. Johnson, The First chairman and CEO, said, “In light of the current economic downturn, we are pleased to report positive earnings for the second quarter. We are also pleased at some of the current trends we are seeing in our company.
“Our earnings, though down, are positive, our margins are improving, our non-performing loans remain below peers and our capital remains strong. We further strengthened capital with the addition of Treasury Capital Purchase Program preferred stock in the amount of $5 million back in Feb. 2009.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports