Upton retires from 4-County
Published: August 10,2009
Longtime 4-County Electric Power Association executive Carey Upton retired July 31 after 16 years of service to the cooperative. Upton, manager of human resources and training, was honored July 31 during a reception at the Columbus-based cooperative.
He began working at 4-County Dec. 14, 1992, as a human resource specialist. He later advanced to his current position as manager of human resources and training. Upton is a graduate of Mississippi State University (MSU) with a bachelor’s degree in industrial technology. For several years, Upton has taught a human resource class online through the continuing education department at MSU. He continues to do consulting work in the field of human resources. Upton is a senior practitioner in human resources, and he has served on the planning committee for the annual Tennessee Valley Public Power Association Human Resource Conference. Upton also is a certified power executive.
He has served in leadership capacities for several community service organizations and civic groups. And, at 4-County, Upton worked with a variety of committees including serving as advisor to the Association’s Activities Committee. In 2008, he was named Mississippi’s Human Resource Professional of the Year.
Upton and his wife, Jane, are parents to two grown children, and they have seven grandchildren. The Uptons are members of Strong United Methodist Church, where Carey serves as a lay leader.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love