MEDC elects officers, directors
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 17,2009
Tags: Barbara Smith, Beth Stevens, Blake Wallace, Christy Knapp, Cliff Brumfield, David Rumbarger, David Vowell, Dianne Carson, Gray Swoope, Jack Zink, Kathy Cloyd, Kim Richardson, Larry S. Barnett, Lyn Arnold, MEDC, Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc., Sonny Simmons, Steven Surles, Sue Stidham, Taurus Wright, Tom Troxler, Verdell Hawkins
The Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc. (MEDC) elected officers and directors at its 2009 Summer Conference in Biloxi. Officers elected to serve Oct. 1, 2009-Sept. 30, 2010, are: Larry S. Barnett, Gulfport, president; Christy Knapp, Oxford, president-elect; Barbara Smith, Tupelo, vice president chamber development; Blake Wallace, Jackson, vice president community development; Tom Troxler, Brandon, vice president economic development; Dianne Carson, Clinton, secretary-treasurer; and, David Rumbarger, Tupelo, immediate past president.
Elected to the MEDC board of directors to two-year terms were: Sonny Simmons, Batesville; Taurus Wright, Jackson; Kathy Cloyd, Prentiss; Verdell Hawkins, Gulfport; and, Beth Stevens, Greenwood.
Current board members with terms through 2010 are: Steven Surles, Tupelo; Sue Stidham, Winona; David Vowell, Philadelphia; Cliff Brumfield, Brookhaven; and, Jack Zink, Bay St. Louis. Ex-officio board members are: Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority executive director; Lyn Arnold, Tunica, SEDC director; and, Kim Richardson, West Point, SEDC alternate director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody