MSWTC earns certification
Published: August 17,2009
JACKSON — The Mississippi World Trade Center (MSWTC) has earned professional certification in four service categories after completing and passing a rigorous certification process conducted by the World Trade Centers Association (WTCA).
The WTCA is the New York non-profit organization that links the over 300 world trade centers worldwide and benchmarks service standards with assistance from Sirota Consulting. The objective is to guarantee that all certified center’s provide consistent, reliable service to businesses and individuals around the world as well as assuring a quality delivery mechanism for the universal services the WTCA provides.
MSWTC executive director Barbara Travis said, “Reciprocity is a core attribute of the MSWTC and a key driver of membership and satisfaction. What is most appealing to the majority of local members is that they not only belong to the Mississippi World Trade Center but also to every other world trade center around the globe.”
According to Travis, the use of minimum service standards “assures members that when they visit another world trade center offering similar services, they know what to expect both in terms of attributes and quality.”
MSWTC earned certification in the trade information, trade education, business services and conference facilities categories.
Additionally, the MSWTC has acquired statewide exclusive distribution rights to CenTradeX, a WTCA-sanctioned trade-flow database. According to the MSWTC, it offers Mississippi businesses a competitive advantage on a global scale by providing the most comprehensive trade information available anywhere. In less than a minute, CenTradeX can find the most pertinent information about import and export activity in over 200 countries, all 50 U.S. states, millions of companies worldwide and every category of manufactured product. Detailed information on buyers, potential suppliers, shippers, competitors and specific company profiles are available. MSWTC can now access a range of customized data needed for making well-informed strategic business decisions at a very reasonable cost.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force