Pace to serve as research counsel
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 17,2009
Niki Pace has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium Legal Program as research counsel. In her new role, she will provide research about ocean and coastal legal issues to Sea Grant constituents and other agencies. She also will supervise law student research and writing projects and serve as editor of “Water Log,” a quarterly legal publication.
Pace has a bachelor’s degree in geology with a certificate in environmental planning and policy from the University of Southern Mississippi. She earned a juris doctor degree at Lewis & Clark Law School, where she also received her LL.M. in environmental and natural resources law.
Pace worked in toxic tort litigation and environmental compliance before returning to school to complete her LL.M. degree in 2008. She is licensed in Mississippi and Oregon. The Hattiesburg native recently relocated from Portland, Ore., to Oxford. (The consortium is housed at the University of Mississippi.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members