Pace to serve as research counsel
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 17,2009
Niki Pace has joined the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium Legal Program as research counsel. In her new role, she will provide research about ocean and coastal legal issues to Sea Grant constituents and other agencies. She also will supervise law student research and writing projects and serve as editor of “Water Log,” a quarterly legal publication.
Pace has a bachelor’s degree in geology with a certificate in environmental planning and policy from the University of Southern Mississippi. She earned a juris doctor degree at Lewis & Clark Law School, where she also received her LL.M. in environmental and natural resources law.
Pace worked in toxic tort litigation and environmental compliance before returning to school to complete her LL.M. degree in 2008. She is licensed in Mississippi and Oregon. The Hattiesburg native recently relocated from Portland, Ore., to Oxford. (The consortium is housed at the University of Mississippi.)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data