Wiggers replacing Sowell at Goodwill
The board of directors of Goodwill Industries of Mississippi announces that Gray Wiggers of Jackson will be its new president and CEO, succeeding Darby Sowell, who is retiring after serving Goodwill for more than three decades. Wiggers is a long-time community volunteer and prior to his retirement in 2007 for family reasons, served as senior vice president and director of public affairs at Trustmark National Bank.
During his 36-year career at Trustmark, Wiggers also held the positions of marketing director, brand manager and corporate philanthropy director. He has recently worked as an independent marketing consultant. As the leader of Trustmark’s corporate philanthropic initiatives, he has collaborated with hundreds of community service organizations and projects throughout Mississippi.
Wiggers has been an active community volunteer, having served the Central Mississippi Chapter of the American Red Cross in several roles for 30 years, including chair, board member and volunteer. He twice chaired the Goodwill board of directors and was a Goodwill Salute honoree in 2003. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi with a BBA in banking and finance and the University of Colorado Graduate Bank Marketing School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge