Wiggers replacing Sowell at Goodwill
The board of directors of Goodwill Industries of Mississippi announces that Gray Wiggers of Jackson will be its new president and CEO, succeeding Darby Sowell, who is retiring after serving Goodwill for more than three decades. Wiggers is a long-time community volunteer and prior to his retirement in 2007 for family reasons, served as senior vice president and director of public affairs at Trustmark National Bank.
During his 36-year career at Trustmark, Wiggers also held the positions of marketing director, brand manager and corporate philanthropy director. He has recently worked as an independent marketing consultant. As the leader of Trustmark’s corporate philanthropic initiatives, he has collaborated with hundreds of community service organizations and projects throughout Mississippi.
Wiggers has been an active community volunteer, having served the Central Mississippi Chapter of the American Red Cross in several roles for 30 years, including chair, board member and volunteer. He twice chaired the Goodwill board of directors and was a Goodwill Salute honoree in 2003. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi with a BBA in banking and finance and the University of Colorado Graduate Bank Marketing School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss