Wiggers replacing Sowell at Goodwill
The board of directors of Goodwill Industries of Mississippi announces that Gray Wiggers of Jackson will be its new president and CEO, succeeding Darby Sowell, who is retiring after serving Goodwill for more than three decades. Wiggers is a long-time community volunteer and prior to his retirement in 2007 for family reasons, served as senior vice president and director of public affairs at Trustmark National Bank.
During his 36-year career at Trustmark, Wiggers also held the positions of marketing director, brand manager and corporate philanthropy director. He has recently worked as an independent marketing consultant. As the leader of Trustmark’s corporate philanthropic initiatives, he has collaborated with hundreds of community service organizations and projects throughout Mississippi.
Wiggers has been an active community volunteer, having served the Central Mississippi Chapter of the American Red Cross in several roles for 30 years, including chair, board member and volunteer. He twice chaired the Goodwill board of directors and was a Goodwill Salute honoree in 2003. He is a graduate of the University of Mississippi with a BBA in banking and finance and the University of Colorado Graduate Bank Marketing School.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015