Wrighton elevated to associate dean
Published: August 17,2009
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor of political science Dr. Mark Wrighton is the new associate dean for the Southern Miss Gulf Coast College of Arts and Letters. In his new role, Wrighton serves as direct representative for all academic and administrative issues for the College of Arts and Letters on the Gulf Coast, including leadership of its programs and signature authority for its budgets and student paperwork, on behalf of the dean of the college.
Wrighton comes to the Gulf Coast from Millikin University in Illinois. He earned a master of arts and doctor of philosophy in political science from the University of Iowa and a second master of arts from the University of Alabama.
In 2006, he co-wrote the book “Campaigns and Political Marketing,” published by Haworth Press. He has also written a number of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and invited essays.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015