Wrighton elevated to associate dean
Published: August 17,2009
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor of political science Dr. Mark Wrighton is the new associate dean for the Southern Miss Gulf Coast College of Arts and Letters. In his new role, Wrighton serves as direct representative for all academic and administrative issues for the College of Arts and Letters on the Gulf Coast, including leadership of its programs and signature authority for its budgets and student paperwork, on behalf of the dean of the college.
Wrighton comes to the Gulf Coast from Millikin University in Illinois. He earned a master of arts and doctor of philosophy in political science from the University of Iowa and a second master of arts from the University of Alabama.
In 2006, he co-wrote the book “Campaigns and Political Marketing,” published by Haworth Press. He has also written a number of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and invited essays.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings