Wrighton elevated to associate dean
Published: August 17,2009
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor of political science Dr. Mark Wrighton is the new associate dean for the Southern Miss Gulf Coast College of Arts and Letters. In his new role, Wrighton serves as direct representative for all academic and administrative issues for the College of Arts and Letters on the Gulf Coast, including leadership of its programs and signature authority for its budgets and student paperwork, on behalf of the dean of the college.
Wrighton comes to the Gulf Coast from Millikin University in Illinois. He earned a master of arts and doctor of philosophy in political science from the University of Iowa and a second master of arts from the University of Alabama.
In 2006, he co-wrote the book “Campaigns and Political Marketing,” published by Haworth Press. He has also written a number of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and invited essays.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center