Wrighton elevated to associate dean
by MBJ Newswires
Published: August 17,2009
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor of political science Dr. Mark Wrighton is the new associate dean for the Southern Miss Gulf Coast College of Arts and Letters. In his new role, Wrighton serves as direct representative for all academic and administrative issues for the College of Arts and Letters on the Gulf Coast, including leadership of its programs and signature authority for its budgets and student paperwork, on behalf of the dean of the college.
Wrighton comes to the Gulf Coast from Millikin University in Illinois. He earned a master of arts and doctor of philosophy in political science from the University of Iowa and a second master of arts from the University of Alabama.
In 2006, he co-wrote the book “Campaigns and Political Marketing,” published by Haworth Press. He has also written a number of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and invited essays.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month