Wrighton elevated to associate dean
Published: August 17,2009
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor of political science Dr. Mark Wrighton is the new associate dean for the Southern Miss Gulf Coast College of Arts and Letters. In his new role, Wrighton serves as direct representative for all academic and administrative issues for the College of Arts and Letters on the Gulf Coast, including leadership of its programs and signature authority for its budgets and student paperwork, on behalf of the dean of the college.
Wrighton comes to the Gulf Coast from Millikin University in Illinois. He earned a master of arts and doctor of philosophy in political science from the University of Iowa and a second master of arts from the University of Alabama.
In 2006, he co-wrote the book “Campaigns and Political Marketing,” published by Haworth Press. He has also written a number of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and invited essays.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November