Wrighton elevated to associate dean
Published: August 17,2009
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor of political science Dr. Mark Wrighton is the new associate dean for the Southern Miss Gulf Coast College of Arts and Letters. In his new role, Wrighton serves as direct representative for all academic and administrative issues for the College of Arts and Letters on the Gulf Coast, including leadership of its programs and signature authority for its budgets and student paperwork, on behalf of the dean of the college.
Wrighton comes to the Gulf Coast from Millikin University in Illinois. He earned a master of arts and doctor of philosophy in political science from the University of Iowa and a second master of arts from the University of Alabama.
In 2006, he co-wrote the book “Campaigns and Political Marketing,” published by Haworth Press. He has also written a number of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and invited essays.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us