Choctaws launch new business venture
CHOCTAW — The Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians (MBCI) recently enacted an ordinance to establish its newest venture, Choctaw Construction Group Incorporated (CCG). The creation of the new business endeavor allows CCG to serve as the parent holding company for construction operations with three subsidiary companies currently in operation — IKBI Inc., Choctaw Electrical Inc. (CE) and Choctaw Design and Construction Inc. (CD&C).
The incorporation of CCG allows for all of the Tribe’s construction business opportunities to channel through this independently-operated corporation and its subsidiaries.
“The success that IKBI Inc. has achieved over the past five years has allowed us to expand our construction business to benefit our clientele not only throughout the state, but within the southeast region,” said Charlie Benn, chairman, board of directors, CCG. “We are very proud of IKBI Inc. as it now serves as the cornerstone of this progress.”
Introducing a new spark to the Tribally-owned businesses, CE operates as the first-ever tribally-owned electrical company. With lead personnel having 26 years of experience in the electrical field, CE specializes in all types of residential, commercial and industrial projects. A few of its project highlights include working with the U.S. Coast Guard and most recently, the Choctaw TechParc, to install lighting that is energy efficient and eco-friendly.
Choctaw D&C provides design-build, civil construction and general construction services throughout the eastern half of the U.S. With the current success of IKBI operating in Mississippi and Louisiana, CD&C will assist by expanding to the job market allowing IKBI to focus on their clients in and around the state while CD&C focuses on all other business throughout the eastern portion of the U.S.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip