EastGroup buys facilities
by Wally Northway
Published: August 19,2009
Tags: real estate
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties has acquired three business distribution buildings containing 227,000 square feet in Dallas for a combined purchase price of $6.675 million.
The buildings, which will be renamed Interstate Distribution Center V, VI and VII, are located in the city’s close-in northwest submarket along the Stemmons Freeway. They were constructed in 1979-81 and are presently 87 percent occupied by six customers. The buildings are projected to generate an annualized 9.2 percent yield at their current occupancy.
David H. Hoster II, president and CEO, said, “The acquisition of Interstates V, VI and VII allows EastGroup to expand in an attractive in-fill submarket where we have a successful existing base of assets. It increases our cluster of business distribution properties there to over 800,000 square feet in 10 buildings. We are continuing to look for additional acquisition opportunities in our major markets.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones