EastGroup buys facilities
JACKSON — EastGroup Properties has acquired three business distribution buildings containing 227,000 square feet in Dallas for a combined purchase price of $6.675 million.
The buildings, which will be renamed Interstate Distribution Center V, VI and VII, are located in the city’s close-in northwest submarket along the Stemmons Freeway. They were constructed in 1979-81 and are presently 87 percent occupied by six customers. The buildings are projected to generate an annualized 9.2 percent yield at their current occupancy.
David H. Hoster II, president and CEO, said, “The acquisition of Interstates V, VI and VII allows EastGroup to expand in an attractive in-fill submarket where we have a successful existing base of assets. It increases our cluster of business distribution properties there to over 800,000 square feet in 10 buildings. We are continuing to look for additional acquisition opportunities in our major markets.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams