Legal aid group gets IOLTA funds
CLINTON — Mission First Legal Aid Office has been awarded an $80,000 grant by the Mississippi Bar Foundation. Grants totaling $715,000 have been awarded this year through the Mississippi Interest on Lawyers Trust Account Program (IOLTA).
The IOLTA) program was established by order of the Mississippi Supreme Court as a source of funding to provide legal aid to the poor, to provide law related public education programs to the public and to improve the administration of justice.
The IOLTA grant will enable Mission First Legal Aid Office to continue to serve those in need efficiently and effectively. Since its inception in 1984 the IOLTA program has awarded over $11 million in grants.
Organized in 2006, Mission First Legal Aid Office has become the primary civil legal aid provider to qualified low-to-moderate income persons in Hinds, Madison and Rankin counties. Mission First Legal Aid Office is unique in that it is a partnership between Mississippi College School of Law and Mission First, a ministry located in west Jackson offering medical, dental and wellness services in the tri-county area and programs for children and teenagers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option