‘The Stack’ up for award
JACKSON — According to MDOT executive director Larry L. “Butch” Brown, the Mississippi Department of Transportation’s (MDOT’s) Stack III Jackson Project has been entered in the America’s Transportation Awards competition.
The competition recognizes the best transportation projects in the country, projects that are on time, on budget and demonstrate innovative management.
The Stack III Jackson Project was entered in the On Time, Medium Project category and cost $65 million. It was finished in Oct. 2008.
The competition’s sponsors, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, AAA and the U.S. Chamber Commerce, will use volunteer judges to select the winning projects. Regional winners will be announced this summer, and the top 10 finalists will go on to compete for the Grand Prize and the People’s Choice Awards in October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery