‘The Stack’ up for award
JACKSON — According to MDOT executive director Larry L. “Butch” Brown, the Mississippi Department of Transportation’s (MDOT’s) Stack III Jackson Project has been entered in the America’s Transportation Awards competition.
The competition recognizes the best transportation projects in the country, projects that are on time, on budget and demonstrate innovative management.
The Stack III Jackson Project was entered in the On Time, Medium Project category and cost $65 million. It was finished in Oct. 2008.
The competition’s sponsors, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, AAA and the U.S. Chamber Commerce, will use volunteer judges to select the winning projects. Regional winners will be announced this summer, and the top 10 finalists will go on to compete for the Grand Prize and the People’s Choice Awards in October.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast