Unemployment claims rise
In the week ending Aug. 15, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted unemployment initial claims in the U.S. was 576,000, an increase of 15,000 from the previous week’s revised figure. The four-week moving average was 570,000, an increase of 4,250 from the previous week’s revised average.
The advance seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate was 4.7 percent for the week ending Aug. 8, unchanged from the prior week’s unrevised rate.
The advance number for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment during the week ending Aug. 8 was 6.241 million, an increase of 2,000 from the preceding week’s revised level. The four-week moving average was 6.266 million, a decrease of 2,500 from the preceding week’s revised average.
The fiscal year-to-date average for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment for all programs is 5.565 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November